Gifted and Talented Extension Groups
The inclusive model used at PNGHS offers Extension in:
- English - Reading and Writing
- Challenge Maths
- The EnviroGroup
- CREST (Creativity in Science and Technology)
- VEX Robotics
- ICE (International Connections Extension)
- Photography Extension
- Model UN
- Girl Up!
- Tournament of Minds (TOM)
- Bullet Journaling
- Book Club
- French Extension
- Pūhoro STEM Academy for Māori Science students
The programme continues to evolve and opportunities vary from year to year based on student needs.
Students are also made aware of and supported to participate in a range of regional, national and international opportunities including: Eureka, Education Perfect World Series competitions, YELF, Innovative Young Minds, Brain Bee, Hands On Otago, Rotary National Science and Technology Forum and Science Olympiads.