We are here to guide you through the process of applying with us.
Before you begin, here are a few things we would like you to know:
- We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We are looking for the best and the brightest students who know what they want in life and will take advantage of the one-of-a-kind opportunity we offer to get them there.
- Future Palmerston North Girls' High's students will come from every corner of the world to join us in a celebration of diversity.
- All incoming students will bring astounding talents of every kind to this vibrant and awesome community.
Palmerston North Girls' High School is a prestigious and popular school in the region, which mean we attract more students than we can accept each year. Even though we endeavour to make room for our students in every subject class they select, sometimes we simply don’t have enough room for everybody. Therefore we urge our applicants to submit their application early and apply for a start at the beginning of the school year in February for guaranteed places in your preferred subjects. If due to circumstances, you cannot start in February, you should apply at least 2 months before the preferred start date, allowing time for admission process, visa application process and travel arrangements.
An applicant’s academic strength is our first consideration. We review your school reports from the most recent years and recommendations by at least one teacher and one classmate to determine student characteristics. Student qualities such as motivation, curiosity, energy, leadership ability, and distinctive talents are all factored in our decision of accepting a student. You will need proof of English proficiency.
Ultimately, our goal is to continue to write an extraordinary PNGHS story. If you want to be a part of it, we welcome your application. To apply, you will need:
1. Complete and signed PNGHS Application Form & Agreements form & the PNGHS Agreements and Policies form.
2. A copy of the student’s passport
3. A copy of the student’s latest transcripts/academic reports for the most recent 2 years
4. Relevant IELTS results
5. A copy of the relevant Insurance policy for the student (if privately arranged)
6. A recommendation letter relating to the student’s character and suitability for study overseas by a teacher or a classmate.
Once completed, you can post the application to:
Palmerston North Girls’ High School
Fitzherbert Avenue, Palmerston North 4410